Unfortunately, exhibitors are periodically contacted by non-official contractors to offer them “better deals” on items and services at the SHOT Show. Please know that the SHOT Show only contracts with and endorses the Official Service Contractors listed in the Exhibitor Resource Center Contact List. These contractors are held accountable to provide the best possible customer service and ensure consistent and negotiated rates to all exhibitors at the SHOT Show.
Please know the SHOT Show does not sell exhibitor lists or contact information to anyone. Companies often use public information available on the internet to acquire exhibitors’ contact information. Please be assured the SHOT Show only provides an exhibitor list to our Official Service Contractors to inform your company about services they provide at the SHOT Show.
While not tolerated or endorsed, we do recognize exhibitors will unfortunately be solicited for these services by non-official contractors:
- AV/Computer Equipment
- Exhibit Design/Installation
- Directory Guides (Fair Guides)
- Freight Shipping
- Hotel Rooms
You may be contacted for security or cleaning services, but these are exclusive services at the SHOT Show and you will need to use the companies listed in the Exhibitor Resource Center.
If you decide to use a non-official contractor, make sure you do the following:
- Compare prices between contractors.
- Ask if the price includes everything? Ancillary expenses such as shipping, material handling, or labor may not be included.
- Confirm any stated representations regarding official contractors are correct by asking the official contractors. Many statements made by these solicitors are misleading and false.
- Ask for a 24-hr. contact person (non-official contractors are not allowed on the show floor after hours without written permission from Show Management or sometimes don’t even come to the show to assist with set-up or removal).
- Exhibitor must register the contractor with SHOT as an Exhibitor-Appointed Contractor (see EAC Application and Guidelines).
SHOT has contracted with the Venetian/Palazzo (Headquarters) and onPeak to be the official housing company for the SHOT Show. Please be vigilant if approached by any other company or service other than the official housing partners that imply or claim to be an official housing provider of the SHOT Show. We have been made aware of other housing companies or travel agencies that may be aggressively pursuing you, or your company, to book your guest rooms through their company at supposedly significant discounts. Reservations made through an agency other than Venetian/Palazzo or onPeak the will be at your own risk.
Some companies that have been seen soliciting, yet not affiliated with the SHOT Show include:
- Book My Rooms, LLC
- Convention Housing Management
- Convention Expo Travel
- Elite Corporate Planners
- Expo Housing
- Global Housing Corporation
- IEP Group
- International Events
- Premier Connections
- TradeShow Housing
UNAUTHORIZED OR UNOFFICIAL DIRECTORY GUIDES
(Domestic and International)
For several years, different companies selling listings in their “Exhibitors Directory” or “Fair Guides” have been actively soliciting exhibitors that participate at numerous trade shows throughout the country, including the SHOT Show. The companies typically make it appear they received your information from the SHOT Show and that there is a connection between their “Guide” and the SHOT Show.
In their information they may imply that your company has engaged with their “Guide” before saying “update your pre‐registered listing in our exhibitors’ directory…” or “Updating is Free of Charge”. However, in the agreement in very small type is a binding agreement that automatically renews every year (some up to three year commitments charging $1,500 – $5,000 each year).
Here are some examples:
- Fair Guide
- Expo-Guide Mexico
- World Business Guide – Madrid, Spain
- Outdoor Industry News
- Freeman Leads
Please know the SHOT Show has no relationship with these entities.
To find out if any company is reputable, regardless of the service promoted, or if you have any questions, please call Show Management at 855-355-7468 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.